SCP in Asia and the Pacific
The Asia-Pacific region is one of the most active regions taking action on SCP. The region is pioneer in the implementation of initiatives and projects to promote SCP, at regional but also sub-regional level, such as the Asia-Pacific Roundtable for SCP (APRSCP), created in 1997, the ASEAN Forum on SCP, and other programmes, policies and initiatives.
Strategies and Roadmaps
Regional consultations on SCP since the Rio+20 Conference prompted policy stakeholders to take action and led to the development of the first Regional Roadmap for Implementation of the 10YFP in the Asia-Pacific region (2014-2015). This is seen as a 'live document' and building on experience a new version has subsequently been developed.
More informatino about the Roadmap can be found here .
Regional Cooperation Platforms
The Asia Pacific Roundtable on SCP (APRSCP) is an international, nongovernmental, non-profit, network institution that promotes SCP in the Asia-Pacific, established in 1997.
The ASEAN Forum on SCP was established in 2013 by the ASEAN Ministers Responsible for the Environment as a result of their commitment to strengthen their cooperation within ASEAN+3 on the implementation of SCP.
The South Asia Forum on SCP was established in 2015. The main objective of the Forum is to support collaboration on SCP national, sub-regional, and regional strategies, increasing the profile of SCP in national development planning and policy making and implementation.
- 9th ASEAN-Plus-Three Leadership Programme on Sustainable Development Goal 12 “Ensuring Sustainable Consumption and Production (SCP), 25-28 October 2016, Hanoi, Vietnam
- 12th Asia Pacific Roundtable on Sustainable Consumption and Production, 12-13 July 2016, Siem Reap, Cambodia
- Regional Stakeholder Consultation Workshop on Implementing Sustainable Consumption and Production (SCP) in Asia-Pacific, 24-25 March 2016, Bangkok, Thailand
- 1st sub-regional capacity-building workshop on SCP and the 10YFP for Central Asia, 23-24th November 2015, Almaty, Kazakhstan
- South Asia workshop on SCP policies and the 10YFP, 26-28 February 2015, Colombo, Sri Lanka
- South East Asia training workshop for 10YFP National Focal Points, Vientiane, 21-23 October 2014, Lao PDR
- Launching of the SIDS initiative for SCP within the 10YFP, SIDS Conference in Samoa, 2 September 2014
- First Asia-Pacific Regional Meeting on the 10YFP, 7-8 November 2013, in Bangkok, Thailand
To have a more complete look at the different activities happening around the region, check out the
Global database of SCP Initiatives